1. She kinda gave birth to me. Okay, she was also unconscious at the time, but still.
2. She took me to church. I’m not saying taking to church = becoming a Christian, but I think it helps! I thank God that I was born to a family that took me to church and exposed me to God’s Word.
3. She introduced me to music, got me piano lessons, and made me keep taking them after I wanted to quit…but not for long.
4. When I was in my teens and at the height of “I can’t bear to be in the same room with you” and she wanted to go with me to Lakeland for whatever reason, and I insisted the only way this was going to happen was if she promised not to talk to me at all for the hour-long drive…she actually agreed! (I’m still stunned by this.)
5. After giving her the address only about five times, she actually went to my blog, read an entry, and left a comment.
Maybe now she will leave a nice one!! 😉